Pediatric Allergy : Principles and Practice, 3e
1000 در انبار
Pediatric Allergy : Principles and Practice / ۳rd Edition
Stanley J. Szefler / Francisco A Bonilla / Cezmi A Akdis / Hugh Sampson / Donald Y. M. Leung
The third edition of Pediatric Allergy continues this title’s steadfast tradition of providing comprehensive, authoritative guidance on the day-to-day diagnosis and management of pediatric allergic and immunologic diseases. You’ll have the most up-to-date research at hand thanks to an easily accessible full-color format that highlights a host of new chapters, extensive updates, and clinically focused coverage. Whether you’re a student, resident, pediatrician or allergist, you’ll appreciate this user-friendly and versatile source for providing optimal care!
- Includes diagnostic tests available for asthma, upper respiratory allergy, and more.
- Equips you with an understanding of the immune mechanisms underlying allergic diseases.
- Features coverage of drug allergies and cross-reactivity.
- Highlights clinical pearls discussing the best approaches to the care and treatment of pediatric patients.
- Appendices listing common food allergies and autoantibodies in autoimmune diseases make for quick reference to essential material.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Revised asthma section examines current asthma guidelines; school-centered asthma programs; exercise-induced asthma; and new directions in asthma therapy.
- Includes the most current knowledge relating to emerging asthma within young children, medication adherence, and the impact of infection on the natural history of asthma.
- New information on gene therapy, stem-cell therapy, and a host of new immunodeficiency diseases helps you obtain the best results from the therapeutics for pediatric allergic and immunologic diseases.
- Features brand-new chapters on immunopathology; diagnostics and management; potential immunotherapeutic strategies for treating food allergies; current status of immunotherapy for food allergy; and biologic therapies.
- Focused coverage of today’s hot topics in pediatric allergy includes the use of targeted biologics to treat specific activation pathways leading to severe allergic diseases; defects of innate immunity; rheumatic diseases of childhood; and inflammatory disorders.
- Discusses new studies examining potential etiologies for the increase in food allergy and examines potential immunotherapeutic strategies for treating food allergies.
- New evidence-based principles of medical care help you make the best use of available medications for your patients.