Foreword : Dr.Farok J Master
This book will give an in-depth and reliable knowledge about homeopathic potencies from classical to modern masters and helps in selecting the right potency and repetition at the right time. A well-researched work on a controversial subject and useful to students and practitioners alike.
Posology is a much debated and controversial subject in homoeopathy.
The question of potency selection has always kept the Homeopaths of all times wondering and with different views. The question of potency selection is not a simple one. The homeopath should be open to use the entire range of potencies, from lowest to the highest, depending upon the demand of the case.
For determining the potency and dose one should assess the susceptibility of the patient. While assessing susceptibility one should bear in mind the modifying factors like age, habits, environment, pathological conditions, seat character & intensity of disease and previous abuse of medicine.
Kent states, “When a remedy is correct, it will always work, whatever the potency. How deep and how long the remedy will work, depends on the potency.”
In his lesser writings J.T.Kent says that
۱) There is difference in the activities of a given remedy in the 30th and 10M upon the same constitution.
۲) Very high potencies seldom require repetition in c/c disease in severe a/c disease several doses in quick succession needed.
۳) It is better to begin lower and go higher and higher.
۴) Medicines given in series of Octave potencies.
۵) A deep acting chronic remedy should seldom be given in the midst of a paroxysm or exacerbations but at close of it .
This work begins with Hahnemann and travels through Kent and Post Kentian period and based on clinical experience of leading homoeopaths. It also highlights much controversial ‘high dilution’ remedial powers.
To understand the beginning and evolution of homoeopathic dose and potency, a detailed statistical study of the views and clinical experience of pioneering homoeopaths over a great period is done with review of published books, journals and case reports of many homoeopaths.
Author precisely divided the topic in to different chapters pertaining to eras of stalwarts according to their dosage and mode or repetition for easy comprehension.
- To understand the concept and evolution of homeopathic posology, a detailed study of the views and clinical experiences of pioneering homoeopaths over the age done.
- For this review of published books, journals, case reports and periodicals analaysed
- To simplify the study – evolution is divided in to
- Hahanemnian Era
- Post Hahanemanian era
- Kentian Era
- Post Kentian Era
Each era is studied with
- A survey and review of literature
- Its analysis and discussion
- Analysis of cases and posology habits of leading homoeopaths
- Discussion and concluding remarks on posology of that era
- An appendix has given – an analysis of percentage of which potencies were used by a particular homoeopath by studying various case reports – that add authenticity to this work.
- This is an attempt to compile the work of many pioneers of past and present- so that the reader get idea about merits and demerits different methods of dose and repetition.
General laws applied in posology.
۱) The Law of Dosage
The law might be stated thus: The curative dose, like the remedy, must be similar in quantity and quality to the dose of the morbific agent, which caused the disease.
۲) The Law of Quantity and Dose
The quantity of the drug required is in inverse ratio to the similarity.
۳) The Law of Quantity
The quantity of action necessary to effect any change in nature is the least possible. The decisive amount is always a minimum, an infinitesimal.
۴) The Law of Quality
The quality of the action of a homoeopathic remedy is determined by its quality, in the inverse ratio.
۵) The Law of Use
The dose and quantity that will thoroughly permeate the organism and make its essential impress upon the vital force is that which will affect the functional sphere of the individual.
۶) The Law of Repetition (for proving)
Never repeat the dose while symptoms are manifest from the dose already taken.
۷) The Law of Repetition (for cure)
Never repeat your remedy so long as it continues to act.
Major Contents of this book
- The Hahnemannian Era
- Review of evolution of concepts of potentisation and homoeopathic posology
- Posology and the organon
- Analysis and discussion of Hahenmannian posology
- Post Hahenmannian era
- Review and evolution of concept of posology
- Era of mechanized potentisation – high potency movement
- Principles of homeopathic posology
- Repetition of medicine
- Modes of administration of medicine
- Boenninghausen on posology
- Review and analysis of cases
- Kentian Era
- Review and analysis of Kentian posology
- Review and analysis of Kent’s published cases
- Post Kentian Era
- Historical perspective
- Review of principles of posology
- Analysis and cases
نویسنده: Sumit Goel
سال نشر: ۲۰۱۰